Sunday, January 1, 2012

First layout of 2012!!


Went to bed HOURS after my normal bedtime and still woke up too early. :(
This is going to be another long day. But at least I have nothing planned, so I can scrap all day.

I broke out my new kit from Artful Delight! There is so much kraft in here, I was a little (a lot ) overwhelmed. I haven't had much experience with kraft, so I wasn't really sure where to start.

I settled on sketch #188 from Creative Scrappers and found this cute pic of me and my oldest daughter.

The paper is from the Funday Collection by My Mind's Eye. I used the Mister Huey mist on the background paper a little bit. The blue strips and the butterflies are from Studio Calico. I used different inks on the butterflies. After I put them on the page, I wasn't happy, so I popped them off and added some pop dots. Now it looks like they are flying! lol
I also added some twine to some of the strips. I was going to be creative and trying a stitching technique, but it wasn't cooperating with me too well. The fun stitched circles are very cool!
And I used a little bit of ink on the Thickers letters.

I really like this kit and I'm glad I built up my kraft stash. Now I'm off to find more inspiration so I can do it justice!!!

Have a great day and Happy New year!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love love this!!! Loveeeeeeeeeeeee what you did with the butterflies!! So happy you like your AD kit! Happy New Year! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete