Sunday, September 18, 2011

You Ought to be in Pictures...



I would like to start off this post by asking everyone to please make the rain go away! Today is the Butterfly Festival and I have been looking forward to it all year and this rain is really getting on my nerves! Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thank you!

So, here is my take on this week's Partnership Challenge between Sketchy Thursdays andScrapFit. I love playing along with both sites, so this was a lot of fun being able to combine challenges. :)

I have had this film strip overlay for quite some time. When I saw this sketch, my first thought was sunshine, sunrise, something like that. But then I imagined those big searchlights that they always have outside movie premieres or theaters. I used to live near downtown Chicago, so on a clear night, we could walk up the hill to see these searchlights if there was a big event downtown.
Anyway, a year or two ago, we had pizza and a movie night at a friend's house. I can't remember what the actual movie was, the kids were there so I'm going to assume it was a Disney movie...lol.
We had popcorn and pizza and the adults had margaritas while the kids had kiddie cocktails. I wish I had more pictures of that night, but sometimes people just don't get it when I take pictures sometimes...lol. Taking pictures of everyone sitting around watching a movie is just crazy! Who does that??!! Umm....a true scrapbooker, that's who! So even though I have no pictures of my friends, I know we had a great night hanging out with them. I want to host this time! Then I know I will get pictures! lol
I broke out some of my older stickers for this page. The Paper Variety challenged us to use lots of stickers this week. I still have a stash from when Mrs. Grossman's was really popular. The movie reels and "clackers" (whatever they are called...lol) finally found a way to be useful.
The best part was going through the huge stash of letter stickers again. I find some awesome fonts in there from time to time! I need to get over my addiction to Thickers and use these more often!

Anyway....keep saying those prayers and happy thoughts that the rain will stop! Thanks!

8 comments:

  1. This layout is adorable! The embellishments and title really fit and are so cute...thanks for playing along with ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great LO! Love your take on the sketch going with the movie theme. Love the colors and embellishments for these sweet photos! Thanks for working out with ScrapFIT!~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! Great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy... I have tried to refresh my computer a few times... but I am getting a black image with a triangle??? Anyhoo... could just be my computer... but I can't see it :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyyyyyyyyyy! There it is!! I loveeeeee it! I love love love the photos, the film frames and the stars!! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you made for the challenges! Great stars at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wendy! Congrats on winning Sketchy Thursdays for last week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhh love all the fun stars!!! thanks sooo much for playing along at ScrapFIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete