Sunday, September 18, 2011

Spooktacular!!!


I have been working on this off and on for a while and I have to admit...I am THRILLED with the way it turned out!
The sketch is the September Stack-a-holic challenge from Die Cuts with a View. I have tons of their new Halloween goodies, so I was so ready to dive into this one. All of the papers are from the Recollections - Midnight Magic collection. I am in love with this paper stack! Sooo many possibilities! I ran out yesterday for some adhesive and ended up buying yet more of the embellishments to go along with this stack.
Meticulously cutting each and every square precisely and then making sure they all lined up evenly kept my busy for quite a while. After I had the pieces adhered, I was stumped on what to do with the rest of the page...lol. So off it went onto the shelf for about a week or so.
Finally, I rolled up the sleeves and dove right back in.
I used another sheet from the stack for the photo mat. Decorative scissors (yes, I still use them!) gave the edges a little bit of dimension....along with some black ink.
This awesome ribbon was calling my name so I made 2 different sized bows and used a layered sticker for the center. I also found the beautiful royal purple ribbon in the stash.
The title is all Thickers alphas.
I can't believe how letting this rest for a while really helped. Once I looked at it again, everything fell into place. I am so happy and I think this is going on the mantle for Halloween. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oooh...I love this layout, too! It looks amazing, the colors...patterns...and those adorable embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I really love your choice of papers!
    mrsroddy4@aol.com
    http://ICrea8Cards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC- I love it too! It all fell together so great love the colors and the photo is perfect- love those little spiders. This is going to look great for the holidays on your mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! Great layout for Halloween, good luck!

    ReplyDelete