Monday, September 5, 2011

Flourishes and Flowers


I"m still trying my best to avoid all the work that I have to do around here.

I started a huge project in the kids' room on Friday. I needed to paint the walls and start on a few other fun decorations. We decided to go with a jungle/safari theme. So right now, the walls are a beige/tan color...it's actually called Camel...which I thought was really appropriate. :)

At one point, I managed to fall off a chair, messed up my wrist, my ankle and had a huge goose egg. Now I'm just sore all over! But I finished painting the walls, so I was very happy. :)

So here is yet another attempt to stay safely at my desk and not get hurt anymore.

I used sketch #98 from Let's Capture These Sketches. This was such a pretty sketch, I am so glad I still had some Spring flower pictures to play with.

The flowers are from the stash and I just cut them up a bit and moved the petals around to try to match the flowers in the photo. I used some stems I had in the stash too. I also colored in some chipboard flourishes here and there for an added touch. This qualifies for the "add a flourish" challenge from Frosted Designs Fabulous Fridays. :)

I still don't want to work....

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh SO Beautiful is this Layout!!!
    REALLY love the color combo....
    Those flowers are Divine & go so well with the flowers in the picture!!!!!
    THANKS for playing along LCTS.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeee the flowers and the doilies! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty layout!! Love the butterflies and flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!! Thank you for playing along at Frosted Designs this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty LO! Love the doilies,colors and flowers. Thanks for playing along at Lcts..:)

    ReplyDelete