Saturday, January 15, 2011

She's So Sweet...

Gotta love these weekends where there is nothing planned but scrapping!

This page was started by using a sketch from Sketchabilities #39. I love that I just got back a whole bunch of 5 x 7 pictures! This is from my daughter's 9th birthday party. Many more pics from that party to come....

I chose this picture to work with when I saw the challenge from Scrap Whispers. The challenge was to use the colors Black and Red and use a heart somewhere.

Then I decided to play along with Stacy's Stash Challenge at Sketches 4 All. Stacy wanted us to use Chipboard, 2 types of ribbon and to tear some paper.

The photo mat is actually a page from a chipboard album. I had to use 2 pages pieced together to fit the photo. I then inked it in red and sprayed it with a little Sparkle.

The paper, rubons and title are from Heidi Grace...just a few years old...lol.

The heart doilies are new from Target Dollar Spot.

I tore the paper strips and added some ribbon to each of them.

Now I have to finish up my laundry.....



8 comments:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous - love the doily effect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! Those cupcakes look wonderful

    Cheryl
    http://nanascreativeplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout and take on the SW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! Love your use of the heart doilies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, this is gorgeous!! I love the doily. Thanks for playing along with us at scrapwhispers!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh isn't that pretty! I love the doily hearts. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Whispers - see you again!
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete