Friday, December 10, 2010

SOUS - NO sketch???

What do you mean, "no sketch"??!! I"m addicted to sketches! I NEED sketches!! How am I supposed to do a challenge without a sketch??
StuckonUSketches has another fun challenge this time around. All we had to do was use die cut papers from Bo Bunny...but no sketch.
I had a few pieces to choose from so I pulled everything out and spread it all around. So here I was, trying to figure out papers and embellishments and such, with no sketch!
Can you tell I really started relying on sketches??!
Anyway....
I stared at all my Bo Bunny goodness, not having a clue on what I wanted to do. I finally figured out, maybe I should choose some pictures to work with BEFORE I start picking out papers!
The second I ran across this pretty picture of a butterfly, I knew I had the right papers to use.
I still had lots of goodies from Kitchen Spice leftover. I had the perfect die cut paper and lots of leftover paper pieces. I triple matted the photo in Kitchen Spice leftovers. I added a piece of felt leaf border down the right side and then added some Prima flowers. The flowers just happened to be the right colors and also have cute little polka dots on them that matched the papers. A few gems and bling added to the flowers finished up that side.
Another half hour went by before I finally decided on a title. I ran across this title sticker from K&Company that also was the right color and had polka dots too.
I can't believe how lucky I got using the Bo Bunny papers and a really cool mix of things from the stash.
I think I'm getting my mojo back!
Just in time to get back to work...yuck....

6 comments:

  1. Your layout is gorgous Wendy I love the paper and embellishments you used they go perfectly with the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Wendy ... love your use of color and that awesome photo! See, sketches really are wonderful, aren't they? I think they have started living in my head LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous take on the challenge Wendy love the colours & photo ... luv X:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For not knowing what you were going to do, this is beautiful, Wendy!!! I had that same paper and was debating on using it.... You did a fantastic job with the challenge!!! Thanks for playing along with us!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Hello!
    or should I say Ho Ho Ho, since its getting so close! LOL!
    This is really a cool page and I really like how you kept all the embellishment on the one side. Great look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Wendy! Love the colors in the papers and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete