Saturday, July 3, 2010

I feel pretty..oh so pretty



I just love these photos from our Spring photo shoot.  I woke my daughter up EARLY and drove her all around town posing with pretty flowers.  It turned out to be only 55 degrees that day, but she was amazing and since she LOVES posing, she did an great job.  After a while, she was pointing out spots to stop and take pictures.
These trees were in the parking lot of my oldest daughter's school.  I drop her off every morning and I was stalking them for the best time to go back for pictures.
Anyway....
This sketch was from Sketches in Thyme.  Love how pretty it looked and couldn't wait to get started.  The hard part again was choosing just the right pictures.
Lots of mixed papers here.  Again, these were old sheets in my stash.  No idea where there are from.  None of them had names on them anywhere.  The chipboard tag is from Basic Grey.  I colored it up a bit with Tombow markers.  These markers are amazing on chipboard!  Then I sprayed some Sparkle shimmer mist on it just to add a little pretty.  And just for the heck of it, I used a border punch on the edge of the tag.  
Other materials used:
Prima pearl swirls
Prima flowers
K&Company flowers
Miscellaneous ribbons
MIscellaneous brads

And....laundry load #3 is just getting started!  I feel so productive and creative today!!!  I wish laundry was just as much fun as scrapping!  

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, Wendy. Thanks for sharing it with us on Practical Scrappers this week.
    ~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout girl! Love the flowers and pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Wendy, love how you used your border punch on your tag. Thank you for sharing it with us at Practical Scrappers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fantastic job!! Love the story too! My daughter would absolutely refuse to go on a photo shoot around town with me! What a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! The papers you chose go so well with your lovely photos! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! You rocked this sketch!! The pictures are spectacular and the papers you picked were just perfect!! I love the flower!! Great LO!! Thanks for playing along with us!!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely photos and colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is beautiful!!!! Gorgeous photos and I love the papers and embellies you used!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketches In Thyme and be sure and check back with us tomorrow for the new sketch!!! Have a wonderful evening!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete